In a Nutshell: Ready to take your marketing up a notch? Working with a PR firm can really accelerate both your media presence and your potential for growth. But PR isn’t something an advisor can just outsource and forget about; you have to be prepared to invest both your time and your money to get the most out of this relationship.
Guest: Jason Lahita and Jimmy Moock of StreetCred Communications, a public relations company specializing in the financial services sector.
Watch the Conversation Below:
My Key Takeaways:
- Credibility is key. A good PR strategy doesn’t just get your name out there, it positions you and your firm as an authority worth paying attention to.
- You get what you give. Whether you’re leading your own PR blitz or working with a firm, PR requires real commitment and the careful synchronization of your messaging across media.
- Are you ready? The answer might be, “Not yet.” Even top PR experts like Jason and Jimmy aren’t magicians. Before taking the next step, be sure you have a good story to tell and that you are clear on what you are trying to accomplish by taking a higher media profile.
- How a PR relationship works, what a fee structure might look like, and how to think about your potential ROI.
- Critical dos and don’ts when you’re talking to the press and posting to social media.
- How to “squeeze the most juice” out of the fruits of your labor, such as a big revenue milestone or promoting a new key hire.
Complementary Episode: Brad Johnson, the Vice President of Advisor Development for Advisors Excel, talked to me about how to develop a consistent marketing program that generates a consistent stream of new clients.
Resources Featured In This Episode
StreetCred PR on Twitter: @StreetCred_PR
Values Clarification Toolkit Click here to download this FREE tool and start living your values.