In a Nutshell: Your business will only grow as fast as you grow personally. To realize our full potential, we have to be willing to confront the fears that are boxing us into a limited reality and expand our conception of what’s truly possible.
Guest: Victoria Song, Leadership Advisor to successful founders and CEOs of the fastest growing technology companies in Silicon Valley and celebrities with power, platform, and influence. Victoria and I discuss her new book, Bending Reality: How to Make the Impossible Probable.
My Key Takeaways:
- Leave your comfort zone. If you don’t test your limits, you’ll always be limited.
- “There are few pure business problems.” But there are many personal thought patterns and approaches to problem solving that can hamper our performance in the workplace.
- Learn to unlearn. Many of our beliefs about what’s possible have been learned or inherited. Unlearning those beliefs can open up a wider range of possibilities.
- What prevents most people from being or achieving everything they’re capable of.
- How to control your emotions so that they don’t control you.
- Why contentment is more likely to lead to plateaus than growth.
Complementary podcast: Prof. Jonah Berger’s “REDUCE” framework can help folks break through barriers and take action. Listen/read here.
Resources Featured In This Episode