In a Nutshell: Rapid advances in technology, generational change, Covid, financial upheaval, and distrust in institutions are upending the course of life…and financial planning. In light of all that is changing, how do you future proof your business? In this special live webinar, Ric Edelman, the #1 financial advisor of the past 30 years, joins me to discuss the impact of five critical areas on personal finance and how that affects your client work as a financial advisor.
1. Exponential technologies
2. Bitcoin, blockchain, and digital assets
4. Retirement security
5. Health and wellness
Guest: Ric Edelman, Founder, DACFP, Founder, Edelman Financial Engines, 10x Bestselling Author, #1 Ranked Financial Advisor
Ric Edelman and I discuss:
- The wide variety of exponential technologies and how they will impact the nature of advice you give.
- Why Bitcoin, blockchain, and other digital assets are here to stay and why it’s incumbent upon financial advisors to learn about them even if you don’t recommend them.
- The impact of lengthening lifespans, what that means for a move toward a multi-stage life, and how to plan for someone who may live to 1oo or longer.
- The fresh approach for personal financial planning and investment management that’s needed as people live many decades in retirement, including:
- Generating lifetime income you can’t outlive.
- Tax and estate planning strategies to protect yourself and heirs.
- Managing your home: where to live, buying second homes, downsizing.
- How living to 100+ offers your clients the opportunity to enjoy peace and contentment, happiness and joy, and a rich and fulfilling life and how your planning advice needs to adjust to include aspects of self-care such as: