Guest: Jason Pereira, Partner & Senior Financial Consultant at Woodgate Financial Inc. in Toronto. Jason is a financial planner, writer, speaker, teacher, and podcast host with 20 years of experience in finance, practice management, and fintech.
In a Nutshell: The rise of generative AI like ChatGPT, Bard, Midjourney, and Dall-E is creating a new series of challenges and opportunities for advisors. First-mover advisors, like Jason, are integrating this fast-moving technology into their practices so they can grow more profitably and free up more time for human-to-human interaction that no technology can ever replicate. Listen in as Jason and I discuss how you can take advantage of AI instead of being taken advantage of by AI.
.Jason Pereira and I discuss:
- Why the AI revolution will be more impactful on financial advisors than the robo advisor panic of 10 years ago — and more positive.
- How AI will usher in a new era for advisor productivity and marketing personalization.
- How digitization and commoditization of traditional financial services opens up valuable opportunities on the human side of advice.
- Using your tech stack to find the sweet spot between economic, biological, and time bottlenecks on the services you can provide.
- Sample use cases for AI and some platforms beyond ChatGPT that advisors should be investigating.
- What Dunbar’s Number tells us about the optimal size of your practice.
- How AI can help you determine “where to shoot first” as you develop your financial planning recommendations.
- What kinds of advisors are poised to thrive in an “AI plus human” world and what kinds will struggle to compete.
- Your responsibilities as an ethical AI user.
Resources Related to This Episode
- Jason Pereira on Twitter
- Jason Pereira on LinkedIn
- The Fintech Impact Podcast You can also listen to my appearance on Jason’s podcast right here.
- ChatGPT and I Recorded a Podcast My “conversation” with ChatGPT about AI, financial services, and the future.
Note: The image of Jason was created using Midjourney AI.