Guest: ChatGPT, a natural language processing tool driven by AI technology that allows you to have human-like conversations and complete a variety of other mind-blowing things. This artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot developed by OpenAI was released in November 2022 and has been upgraded since then.
In a Nutshell: With all the excitement and interest around artificial intelligence, particularly ChatGPT, I thought it was time I did an episode on AI. And as I looked around for potential guests, I thought, why not go directly to the source and interview ChatGPT? So I connected ChatGPT to a text-to-speech AI from ElevenLabs named Rachel. She was gracious enough to answer my questions and give me a snippet of what AI is capable of.
I believe that the best way to predict the future is to play with it.
We are in the very early stages of AI, analogous to the internet circa the early 1990s. Now’s the time to play with AI and get comfortable with it.
My take is that for the foreseeable future, the benefit of AI will come in the form of AI augmenting the capabilities of humans, as opposed to AI replacing humans. Yes, some positions may be cut as the technology moves faster than humans’ ability to adjust. But that makes it ever more important that we get ahead of this technology and embrace it, stat.
Humans + AI will supercharge our ability to leverage what technology can do best, while creating space for us humans to do what we do best. And, used wisely, AI has the potential to solve some of the world’s most intractable problems. It won’t be easy, it won’t be a straight path, but I have hope for humanity.
. ChatGPT and I discuss:
- What AI is and the different flavors of it.
- How AI is relevant to financial advisors.
- Various ways financial advisors can use AI to improve their business and do a better job serving their clients.
- Some really cool things that AI and ChatGPT can do that will blow your mind.
- How ChatGPT answers a wide variety of common questions advisors get related to financial planning and investing,
Resources Related to This Episode
- AI Scout A comprehensive directory of AI tools.
- ChatGPT Prompts 100+ ChatGPT prompts for creators: Speed up your workflow with AI.
- AI Art Generators The best AI art generators: Midjourney, DALL-E 2 and other fun alternatives to try.
- Good follows on Twitter who are focused on AI:
- Rob Lennon
- Zain Kahn
- Rachel Woods
- Google AI
- The AI Solopreneur
- The Rundown AI
- Lex Sokolin
- Sam Altman
- Aadit Sheth
- Allie K. Miller
- Rowan Cheung
- The Boring Marketer