In a Nutshell: If you want to help your clients achieve their most fulfilling financial outcomes, you need to help them transform their relationships with money. Align your planning process to your clients’ core values and folks won’t just earn more, they’ll do more with their money to make a positive impact in the world.
Guest: Lynne Twist, a recognized global visionary committed to alleviating poverty, ending world hunger, and supporting social justice and environmental sustainability.
My Key Takeaways:
- Pay attention. Small moments of insight or connection can lead to a major transformation.
- Life isn’t happening TO you it’s happening FOR you. Reframe how you perceive events and a new world of opportunity will open up.
- We all have enough. Helping your clients move from a scarcity mindset to a sufficiency mindset can transform their relationship with their money.
- How Werner Erhard and Buckminster Fuller inspired Lynne’s first major personal transformation in the 1970s.
- The differences between “change” and “transformation” and “gratefulness” and “thankfulness.”
- The power of recontextualizing challenges into gifts that provide opportunities for growth.
- Why a sufficiency mindset isn’t incompatible with following a financial plan to grow wealth.
- How “what you appreciate, appreciates.”
- How committing to something larger than yourself can transform your relationships, and your work, and the meaning you find in life.
Complementary podcast: Brent Kessel, founder of Abacus Wealth Partners, discussed how your relationship to money can be a path towards growth. Listen/read here.
Resources Featured In This Episode
Living a Committed Life: Finding Freedom and Fulfillment in a Purpose Larger Than Yourself
The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life