In a Nutshell: Long-time Bitcoiner Dan Held demystifies what Bitcoin is, makes a strong case for bitcoin as an investment, and discusses some of the common objections to it. This episode will help you make an informed opinion about the value of this most unique animal.
Guest: Dan Held, Growth lead at Kraken, one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges.
My Key Takeaways:
- This time might be different. Large scale institutional buy-in is legitimizing Bitcoin and simplifying the public narrative.
- Store of Value is winning. Investors are focusing on how Bitcoin solves “the store of value problem” in ways that traditional assets can’t.
- Money is a belief system. As more people value Bitcoin’s security, scarcity, portability, and speed, the more belief in it grows.
- How “Metcalfe’s law” explains Bitcoin’s ability to build trust and value.
- Why Dan thinks Bitcoin’s volatility isn’t a negative but rather the “calling card” that drives awareness and attracts new users.
- Where Dan sees Bitcoin trending in its current cycle.
Complementary blog post: My recent panel discussion on Bitcoin for Skeptical Financial Advisors answers some common questions and provides resources to enhance your learning. Listen/read here.
Resources Featured In This Episode
DanHeld.com On Dan’s homepage you can sign up for his excellent newsletter, The Held Report.
Dan Held on Twitter: @danheld
Bitcoin’s Distribution was Fair and PoW is Efficient Two of Dan Held’s most popular articles on Bitcoin
The Bullish Case for Bitcoin by Vijay Boyapati This essay explains the history of Bitcoin and makes a case for its longevity as a store of value and an investment.
Nic Carter Dan Held calls Nic “the philosopher of our time” and an eloquent voice on Bitcoin.
Values Clarification Toolkit Click here to download this FREE tool and start living your values.