Succession planning is a critical yet woefully neglected business necessity that could cost advisors millions of dollars if not properly handled. Today’s guest, Tim Kochis, is the co-author of a new book on succession planning titled, Success and Succession, and we dive into the details of how to effectively do it.
Tim is a legendary wealth advisor who co-founded Kochis Fitz, a multi-billion dollar RIA firm, and guided it through a merger to create Aspiriant, one of the country’s leading wealth managers. Along the way, he held numerous leadership positions within the industry and has been recognized with several prestigious awards including the inaugural Schwab Impact Award and FPA’s P. Kemp Fain Award.
To continue reading the rest of this post, please register below with your email address.
I think we're going to have a relatively small number of very large firms that will provide the advantages of scale, an enhanced client service, and lower operating expense. But there will still be firms that won't have difficulty finding clients that are smaller, and more intimate, and are more immediately responsive even in terms of a market niche or a local geography to a client base.
- 5 key elements of a succession plan -- CNBC
- Start planning early -- Wealthmanagement
- The 'why', 'why not', and 'how' of financial adviser succession planning -- InvestmentNews
- The financial upside of succession planning -- ThinkAdvisor
- Grow Your Business Now! A special report on 52 strategies, tips and tools to Grow Your Business Now! This is a tremendous resource guide.
- 5 New Ways to Grow Faster Podcast: This is a 40-minute recording of me being interviewed about 5 new ways to grow your business faster.
- How to Launch Your Own Content Marketing Program: This valuable ebook shows you exactly how to design and launch a content marketing program that gets your message out to your target audience and generates high-quality leads.
Please share this page and the podcast with your friends and colleagues via Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook. You can use the share buttons. Thanks!
Got a question? Email it to me and I'll give you my take on it.
7 Keys to Delivering a Great Client or Prospecting Event Recently, I participated in the Keen Wealth Advisors (KWA) Annual Holiday Breakfast event in ...
Study after study says, on average, the biggest source of new clients for financial advisors is referrals. Yet, most advisors complain that they don’t...
Schwab’s move is an “exclamation point” marker along an unfolding trajectory of where the money and advice business is heading...
Live from Schwab Impact 2019, Lisa Salvi and Yonhee Gordon discuss the key ways to attract and retain next generation advisors and advisory firm leade...
Whether your're sending email newsletters, social media posts, physical mailers, or a combination, you have to master the psychology of engagement to ...