In a Nutshell: If you want to grow your business, you need to build out a systematic, repeatable action plan that will reach your ideal prospects and motivate them to make some positive changes in their lives — including working with you.
Watch the Conversation Below:
My Key Takeaways:
- Be specific. Jeremy’s firm is laser-focused on helping folks 55 and older transition into retirement. All their branding and messaging revolves around positioning the firm as an expert consultant for soon-to-be retirees.
- Take advantage of opportunities. When the pandemic hit, Jeremy doubled his marketing budget, which helped him reach more folks facing early retirement and other COVID-19 financial challenges.
- You can’t make other people change their behavior. But if you improve your interviewing skills and learn how to ask better questions, you can lead folks to realizations that can inspire change.
- How Jeremy rebranded his business around his target niche and name recognition.
- How Jeremy created a repeatable marketing system that adds value before a prospect even picks up the phone and generates quality leads.
- How Jeremy uses motivational interviewing rather than slick sales techniques to turn prospects into clients.
Complementary Episode: Dr. Martin Seay of Kansas State University researches how we can apply the concepts of positive psychology to the financial planning process. Listen/read here.
Resources Featured In This Episode
Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers Learn more about motivational interviewing.
Values Clarification Toolkit Click here to download this FREE tool and start living your values.