In a Nutshell: People who are successful in any field have learned how to harness and direct energy. And while we don’t always think about money as a form of energy, understanding and controlling our relationship to money can give our lives and careers a major boost.
Guest: Dr. Maria Nemeth, an author, speaker, and master coach for purpose-driven people. She’s also the founder and director of the Academy for Coaching Excellence.
My Key Takeaways:
- Quality, not quantity. The amount of money you have is much less important than how you feel about it and how you choose to use it.
- Be your own hero. Learning to see yourself as the hero of your story, rather than as a passive observer or a victim, can empower you to make meaningful changes.
- “Success is doing what you said you would do consistently with clarity, focus, ease, and grace.” We can all adapt Maria’s definition of success to the goals we’ve set for ourselves.
- The six forms of energy Maria has identified and why money is the most important one to master.
- The question we can ask ourselves to confront emotions that are preventing us from making progress.
- How Maria reframes Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
Complementary podcast: Dane Jensen and I discussed how pressure can be another powerful fuel for high performance. Listen/read here.