Guest: Mona Sobhani, PhD, a cognitive neuroscientist, researcher, and author.
In a Nutshell: When we’re faced with experiences or ideas that challenge our concepts of who we are and what we know, we have two choices. We can try to ignore what’s happening. Or we can embrace major life transitions, learn from them, and grow.
On today’s show, Mona Sobhani shares her personal journey of transformation and explains how she learned to open herself up to new possibilities.
.Mona Sobhani and I discuss:
- Why we shouldn’t let one thing define our identities.
- How to embrace change rather than run from it.
- Why your ego is not your enemy as you try to understand the root of your behaviors.
- How body awareness can help us get in touch with our feelings and release emotions.
- Neuroscientific principles that can lead to transformation.
- How the universe “whispers before it screams” when we need to make a change.
- Staying curious and fighting resistance.
.Resources Related to This Episode
- Cosmos, Coffee, & Science Subscribe to Mona’s Substack newsletter.
- Drive Your Performance by Exploring Your Emotions Denise Shull, the founder and CEO of The ReThink Group, believes that emotions contain information vital to interpreting your lifetime’s worth of accumulated wisdom.
- “Bending Reality” and Realizing Our Full Potential Victoria Song and I discussed why we have to be willing to confront the fears that are boxing us into a limited reality.