If you don’t “know thyself,” you’ll have difficulty succeeding in a world where technology is making average human advisors obsolete.
Self-aware advisors understand that they have blind spots and they seek to shine a light on them, make changes, and turn them into strengths.
Joe Deitch, the founder of Commonwealth Financial Network, joins my podcast today and shares wisdom from his four decades of running a top broker dealer and drops some amazing insights from his new book, "Elevate: An Essential Guide to Life."
In this conversation, we discuss overcoming blind spots, closing the knowing-doing gap, leveraging the multiplier effect, deep listening, meeting people where they are, and much more. By the end of this episode, you’ll have a good understanding of the key skills you’ll need as an advisor to thrive in the years ahead.
To continue reading the rest of this post, please register below with your email address.
- Commonwealth Financial Network Visit Joe Deitch and his team online.
- "Elevate: An Essential Guide to Life" Check out Joe Deitch's new book.
- "Performance Management" by Aubrey Daniels and Jon S. Bailey Joe says this book on behavioral psychology was a real lifesaver early in his career.
- "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova Joe's wife wrote this acclaimed novel about Alzheimer's that was adapted into an Academy Award-winning movie starring Julianne Moore.
- The ROL Index A tool Mitch Anthony and I developed to help advisors measure their clients' well-being in 10 aspects of life.
- Values Clarification Toolkit Click here to download this FREE tool and start living your values.
7 Keys to Delivering a Great Client or Prospecting Event Recently, I participated in the Keen Wealth Advisors (KWA) Annual Holiday Breakfast event in ...
Study after study says, on average, the biggest source of new clients for financial advisors is referrals. Yet, most advisors complain that they don’t...
Schwab’s move is an “exclamation point” marker along an unfolding trajectory of where the money and advice business is heading...
Live from Schwab Impact 2019, Lisa Salvi and Yonhee Gordon discuss the key ways to attract and retain next generation advisors and advisory firm leade...