In a Nutshell: Paul Blease’s 40 years of experience in financial services covers everything from the big wirehouses to the largest independent RIAs. In the first of two conversations, Paul and I focus on the synergistic team model, which he believes is the best way for advisor CEOs to attract, retain, and maximize top talent, while also providing “white glove” service to all clients.
Guest: Paul Blease, Strategic Consultant, Invesco Global Consulting at Invesco Global Consulting.
Paul and I discuss:
- Defining what a team is within an advisory firm.
- The advantages of synergistic team building over traditional team building.
- How to use the needs of your clients to build out the right roles for your team members, no matter what size your firm is.
- Developing “service pods” so that clients get quick answers any time they call your office.
- Paul’s “right time, right reason, right person” framework for considering new hires.
- How advisors in the ultra-high-net-worth space are broadening their services to distinguish themselves from the competition.
- Effective compensation and career path strategies that reward top performers for maintaining a focus on client service and excelling within the team structure.
- Examples of measurable, market-proof goals that RIA CEOs can use to motivate and incentivize their teams.
- The meeting rhythm that Paul says separates high-performing firms from the pack.
Download Invesco’s Constructing and Managing a Synergistic Team Toolkit.