In a Nutshell: Top-performing financial advisory firms create an employee value proposition that goes well beyond what you pay them. The firms that are attracting and retaining top talent have developed multi-faceted strategies that address team members’ financial desires as well as their innate desire to connect with something bigger that inspires them to do their best work.
Guest: Anand Sekhar, Vice President, Practice Management & Consulting at Fidelity Investments.
Watch the Conversation Below:
My Key Takeaways:
- What is your employee value proposition? Your pitch to prospective talent should be every bit as refined and distinct as your pitch to prospective clients.
- Aim for mission alignment. Employees whose personal missions align with your firm’s mission will go above and beyond for your clients.
- Empower your people. A culture that encourages folks to take real ownership of their work is going to create a more diverse, inclusive, and productive workplace.
- Why RIA CEOs should try to make themselves irrelevant to daily operations.
- How “peace of mind” has become a critical component of many firms’ mission statements.
- What kinds of compensation philosophies the best firms are using right now to stay ahead in this tight labor market.
Complementary Episode: Lisa Salvi, Vice President, Advisor Services, Charles Schwab and Catharine Aguilar, Chief Marketing Officer, CornerCap Wealth Advisors, talked to me about best practices that separate good firms from the absolute best of the best.
Resources Featured In This Episode
Values Clarification Toolkit Click here to download this FREE tool and start living your values.